2. Fax (510-307-8195) or mail (Pretreatment Program, 450 Civic Center Plaza., Richmond) a signed copy to this office.
3. Please call (510) 620-6594 at least 30 days prior to the first discharge (weekdays only between the hours of 7:00 am to 3:30 pm). The City may elect to schedule an on site inspection, to verify the permit discharge location, wastewater generating processes.
4. Keep a copy of the application, and permit on site, for presentation to any applicable federal, state or city representative. This permit states the particular terms of discharge by site.
5. The annual Industrial Discharge Permit fee will be itemized on the property owner’s annual tax bill. Contractors or subcontractors will have to arrange payment with the property owner. Alternative payment arrangements can be made with this office.
6. All fees are in the master fee scheduleposted on the City's website or available from the City Clerk's Office.
2. Fax or mail a signed copy to this office, or e-mail signed copy to Source_Control_Program@ci.richmond.ca.us.
3. Please call (510) 620-6594 at least one week prior to the first discharge (weekdays only). The City may elect to schedule an on site inspection, and to verify a discharge location to the sanitary sewer.
4. No settleable solids can be discharged to the sanitary sewer. Please review Richmond Municipal Code Section Section 12.18.020.1 – Prohibited Discharge Standards, for more information.
5. The City may require the Applicant to collect and analyze samples of the wastewater prior to discharge. Below is the list of required pollutants to be analyzed:
Please note that all sample collection and analyses shall be completed pursuant to the requirements and standards outlined in the most recent promulgation of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 40: Protection of the Environment, Part 136 (40 CFR Part 136). The Applicant may find more information about these standards by researching the Clean Water Act Analytical Methods.
Please note that the City reserves the authority to require additional analytical testing to be conducted for other pollutants not included in the list provided above.
6. Currently, a one time discharge permit is required for discharges up to 60,000 gallons sewered for a 90 day duration. Payment must be received before discharge as stated in the Master Fee Schedule. A receipt will be provided when the fee is paid. If the discharge duration is greater than 90 days or the discharge quantity more than 60,000 gallons the annual Industrial Discharge Permit fee will apply.
7. Keep a copy of the permit, application, and permit fee receipt available on-site, for presentation to any applicable federal, state or city representative.
Additionally, the following stipulation applies: If the duration of the job and the daily amount of the water discharged exceeds the original estimate, it's your responsibility to notify this office.
For additional information about requirements for discharge to the sanitary sewer see the Richmond Municipal Code. Please call 510-620-6594 for e-mail Source_Control_Program@ci.richmond.ca.us if you need more information.
Additionally, the following web sites may have applicable information:
For the Richmond Municipal code for all wastewater discharge matters: