1. When does the mini-grant application open? When is the deadline?
The Richmond Love Your Block Mini-Grant Program is now closed.
2. Are grants available for all of Richmond or targeted in certain neighborhoods?
As of June 2018, we no longer have funding to award mini-grants. However, we welcome all Richmond residents, community members, and partners to reach out to us for logistical and possible in-kind support (trash bags, gloves, etc.). Let us know how we can help you lead your own volunteer-based community project!
3. How much should I apply for? Is there a maximum amount that the Love Your Block Grant will award?
For the 2017-2018 Love Your Block application cycle, you may apply for the amount that covers supplies you will need, up to $1,500. For example, if you want to paint a wall, the grant funds could go towards purchasing brushes, paint, blue tape, etc.
You are required to provide a budget in your grant application that will outline the costs of resources your project will need. We will award two grants total during this cycle: one $1,500 mini-grantto an existing Love Your Block project in Parchester, and one $1,500 mini-grant to an existing Love Your Block project in North Richmond (incorporated and unincorporated).
Grant funds are not for personal use and will not cover labor costs/stipends or bulk t-shirt orders. Instead, volunteers and city workers will come together to work on the project. We recently launched the Richmond Tool Library so that you are not required to purchase brand new tools for your project. The Richmond Tool Library is located in the Community Services building at 3230 Macdonald Ave.
4. How often does Love Your Block accept applications?
We have completed three grant application cycles: Year 1 (2015-2016), Year 2 (2016-2017), and Year 3 (2017-2018).
5. How long will the Love Your Block initiative be active in Richmond?
The Richmond Love Your Block Mini-Grant Program was active in Richmond until mid-2018. However, the Love Your Block initiative will continue beyond the mini-grant program. We will continue to provide support to neighborhood revitalization projects for several more years - just reach out to us to see how we can help!
6. I have an idea for a revitalization project but I’m not sure what my first step should be. What should I do?
Talk to us if you have any questions! We’re here to help! Contact: